Poetry Festival Preview: IRL
Stage: The White Horse
Time: 3 PM
Interview with curator Ben Fama
1. Tell us a little bit about your organization.
IRL pairs two artists together to perform and discuss their work.
2. Who is reading in your slot at the Festival and why?
Jennifer Tamayo + Sophia Le Fraga. These powerful women are constantly refreshing the browser on what a poetic text can do.
3. Who else are you looking forward to seeing at the Festival?
I most look forward to the photo set Lawrence Schwartzwald posts after this event each year.
4. Did you attend the festival last year? If so, what was your favorite thing about it?
Of course I did. My favorite part is always the social media documentation by Lawrence Schwartzwald.
5. Why is live poetry important?
Miss a piece live and you may dead by the time the much delayed publishing world catches up to it.